Re: [las_users] addXML giving an error

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Roland Schweitzer <roland.schweitzer@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

The location of the log is determined by the log4j.xml file that is in the class path of the addXML.jar.  The build process should be one in there that logs to standard out, but for some reason there seems to be one in there that is logging to the LAS logs.

Try this:
jar -tvf addXML.jar | grep log4j.xml to see where they are, jar -xvf addXML.jar log4j.xml (the default location is in the top level).

Once you pull it out of the jar you can see what it says. Then you'll have to replace it with one that does not reference the LAS logs.  You can find one in LAS_HOME/JavaSource/gov/noaa/pmel/tmap/addxml in the distribution.

The jar file is in LAS_HOME/dist/lib.

In the end, the easiest thing to do is just rebuild it. From LAS_HOME

ant addxml-clean
ant addxml-build

But won't this break my LAS? Since LAS uses content from LAS_HOME? Or has that changed in recent LAS releases?

        -- John

Roland