[las_users] Problems (Bugs?) in LAS v7.2 and v7.3beta

Dear LAS developers,

thank you for giving us such a nice piece of software.

I first had some problems updating to version 7.2, but then found this: http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/las_users/fu_2011/msg00078.html and tested 7.3beta. (I think a list, which versions of LAS / Ferret / THREDDS are compatible would be very nice)

However I faced a problem with the FerretIOServiceProvider when using descriptor files (.des) in 7.3beta. It seems to me, that somehow the "&BACKGROUND_RECORD" is included in the xml output and troubles the THREDDS server, and only the timesteps of the first "&STEPFILE_RECORD" are included...

So I went back to version 7.2 using Ferret 6.67. In version 7.2 I discovered, that the "Set plot options" --> "Evaluate _expression_" has no influence on the plot, I tested version 7.3beta, and it also has not. I haven't tested 7.1 yet, but on a server of your "operational servers" list (http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/NVODS/) running version 7.1.1 it seems to work.

Keep on the good work ;-)

Bastian Kern