[las_users] curvilinear grid fails to zoom

Hi LAS folks,
The following dataset successfully displays an initial map in LAS, even if you change the date or time:

http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/las/getUI.do?dsid=hiroms_hiog&varid=temp-hiroms_hiog&auto=true

However, attempting to zoom gives gives the following error:

STOP -script mode, ERROR RUNNING SCRIPT
 *** NOTE: If no missing_value or _FillValue attribute on variables, will use NaN
 **ERROR: illegal limits: LON_RHO does not exist at I=87
          Axis extremes are I=1:70
DEFINE VARIABLE xmax = `MAX(lon_rho[d=1,i=87,j=1],           lon_rho[d=1,i=87,j=50] )`
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted

The dataset displays successfully in other applications, so I'm not sure there's a problem with the data. Any ideas what's wrong? It's on a curvilinear grid (two-dimensional lat/lon axes). The dataset used to zoom correctly before the grid was changed about a week ago. I updated my mapfile with Ferret before restarting LAS. Here's the link to the dataset in our TDS:

http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds/dodsC/hioos/roms_forec/hiog/HI-ROMS_Forecast_Model_Run_Collection_best.ncd
http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds/dodsC/hioos/roms_forec/hiog/HI-ROMS_Forecast_Model_Run_Collection_best.ncd.html

Thanks for your help,
John Maurer