Re: [las_users] LAS with ajp connector?

Hello,

On 01/14/2011 05:38 AM, Remon Sadikni wrote:
 Dear LAS team,

first of all, thank you for providing the Live Access Server, it is great.

By now, I accessed our LAS v7.1.1 directly via the Tomcat via port 8880 (http://www.icdc.zmaw.de:8880/las/), now we want to use Apache and ajp connectors to enhance security. Is there a tutorial how to configure LAS with the Apache Webserver and Tomcat via ajp connectors?
I only found a very short entry in the mailinglist in 2003.

Thank you very much in advance!

Thanks for sharing your URL.  It looks like a very nice site.

I have used AJP connectors in the past and they worked very well, but we don't have any direct experience using them to connect LAS. My best advice is to look for general information about using ajp connectors in the various Apache documentation and mailing lists.

I am curious why you would prefer to use ajp instead of an the Apache HTTPD proxy module. If you think using a proxy would serve your purposes just as well as AJP then have a look at this page: http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/LAS/documentation/installer-documentation/installation/installing-and-integrating-tds-with-las which contains a few details about how to make the proxy connection between LAS and the Apache HTTP server. You also need to make a similar connection between your TDS and the Apache HTTP server.

Also note once you have made the connection (either using AJP or a proxy) you will need to reconfigure your LAS by running the configure command and answering YES to the question about using a proxy. This will remove the port number from all of the URLs that LAS generates and uses internally.

Roland

Best Regards,
Remon