[las_users] blank map when all data values negative

Hi LAS Folks,
Very happy with the new features in LAS 7.2.2 so far. Thanks! One strange glitch I'm finding, though, that I was hoping somebody could help me with. The following dataset produces blank maps on some datetimes and successful color maps on others. In looking at the colorbar that gets produced, I've noticed that it only generates blank maps when the data values all range in the negatives (e.g. -0.2272 to -0.1255 m). When the upper range is positive, however, it successfully produces a map (e.g. -0.006573 to 0.05996 m). You can try for yourself. The following link defaults to Jan 01 2008 00:00 and produces a blank map of tidal elevation for Hawaii:

http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/las/getUI.do?dsid=tide_elev_mhi&varid=ssh-tide_elev_mhi&auto=true

If you increment the hour setting, you'll find that color maps only get produced at 06:00-21:00, when there is a positive maximum in the colorbar range. Successive days show a similar pattern. At first I suspected something wrong with the dataset, but it's getting successfully displayed in Godiva2, ERDDAP, and DChart, and it was being correctly displayed in LAS V7.1.1. Possibly a bug in how LAS V7.2.2 is selecting its colorbar?, or some additional configuration that I'm missing? Ideas on what's wrong?
Thanks!,
John Maurer
Hawaii Ocean Observing System (HiOOS)
University of Hawaii