Re: [las_users] F-TDS error

Roland Schweitzer wrote:
> John,
>
> The test that is failing is access to the F-TDS version of the data
> URL for the data sets installed with LAS.  When LAS starts is creates
> a small journal file in the directory you chose in the configuration
> step which sets up access to that data set via F-TDS. When I click on
> the LAS OPeNDAP link (http://data.nodc.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/las/) I
> see the default data sets instead of those that are configured into
> your LAS.

Where is the name of that directory recorded in the configuration?  That
is, in which configuration files would I find the name of that directory
so that I can verify that the configuration is correct?

> I'm not sure why those files are not being written at start up, but
> perhaps there is a permission problem with the directory vis a vis the
> process that is running tomcat.  F-TDS and LAS need to write in that
> directory to do their work.  You can remove the default data set
> directories now that you have your own data configured, but you should
> see new directories created when LAS starts.

I don't see those directories at all.  Of course, since I'm not sure
where I'm looking, I don't know exactly what I'm looking for either.

> Another possibility is that the FerretBackendConfig.xml file and the
> FerretConfig.xml file in F-TDS that are being used are pointing to the
> wrong directory for deployment on the public server.

In which directories are those two configuration files expected to be
found on a correctly configured system?

        -- John

--
John Relph <John.Relph@xxxxxxxx>
ISSO, NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center