[las_users] OpenDAP error trying to create LAS difference plot with 2 different LAS versions

I get the following error when trying to produce a difference plot of a parameter that is created using a Thredds server aggregation with LAS 7.0 beta Classic interface, Ferret 6.1:

            OPeNDAP Error: Error parsing the text on line 1 at or near: Error
The descriptor object returned from the dataset was null.
Check that the URL is correct.
(OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code 1001)
             Data set: http://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/thredds/dodsC/las/mcsst_1dayperweek/data_mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov_thredds_dodsC_sst1perwk.jnl

I also get an error trying to create a diffierence plot using a .des descriptor file for this parameter instead of using Thredds.

What is confusing is that a single data plot or a time series can be produced using either the Thredds aggregation or the descriptor file version of the data.

On our development system (LAS 7.1.2, Ferret 6.2), I tested the difference plot using the thredds aggregation but still get an OpenDAP error for the difference plot (overlay produces plot):
STOP -script mode, ERROR RUNNING SCRIPT
**Internet Data error
             NetCDF: DAP server error (OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code -70)
I also get an error (‘An error occurred in the service that was creating your product.) when trying Compare and click Difference using the thredds dataset with the V7 UI.
The thredds dataset can be accessed from http://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/las13/servlets/dataset, click Sea, then Daily Sea Surface Temperature. (This LAS is not generally used.)
The descriptor file version of this dataset can be accessed from http://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/las/servlets/dataset, click Oceans, Daily Sea Surface Temperature. This is our production web site.
This is a real bottleneck for us.  Hope you can help us figure out a solution.
Penny Oots