[las_users] A new LAS v7.2 Beta is ready

LAS Installers,

As we said a few months ago we are trying something a little different. As we add features and move along toward the next LAS release we are going to experiment with periodically distributing beta versions. We just finished adding a bunch of multi-variable visualization goodies to LAS so we thought we'd give you a chance to check it out.

Remember this is beta software, so think twice and test a lot before using it in production.

The beta release does not include all of the features that will be in the final 7.2 version.

September 2010

This version of LAS requires an upgrade to Ferret 6.6.4.

The snapshot of the current state of LAS v7.2 made available from the ftp site at: ftp://ftp.pmel.noaa.gov/pub/las/las.v7.2.beta.tar.gz on 23 September 2010 which replaces the previous beta, includes all of those features and includes one major new feature:

  1. LAS now supports selection of more than one variable from the same data set on the main interface.  When more than one variable is selected you can make new visualizations appropriate for the number of variables you have chosen.
    • Time series line plots will include all of the variables selected with multiple axis scales and line colors.
    • You can make property-property scatter plots of two different variables.
    • You can also color the symbols in a property-property plot by the value of a third variable.