Re: [las_users] addXML under a proxy server

The bit of software that makes the actual connection is the Java netCDF library and according to this page http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/reference/HTTPauthentication.html you've done the right thing.

Can you tell me what version of addXML you are using by using the -V option?

Roland

Favio Medrano wrote:
Hello all

I'm having trouble when using the addXML tool when looking into a
threadds catalog, and this is because I'm under a proxy server.

A command like this just returns me a 1001 error or just freezes.

addXML.sh -t
http://opendap.aviso.oceanobs.com/thredds/nrt-over30d/nrt-over30d-glo-msla-merged.xml

I tried adding the system properties http.proxyHost and http.proxyPort
to the command line to run addXML like this:

JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Dhttp.proxyHost=http://myuser:mypass@xxxxxxxxxxxx -Dhttp.proxyPort=3128 -cp $ADDXML_HOME/dist/lib/addXML.jar:$ADDXML_HOME/lib/joda-
time-1.5.2.jar:$ADDXML_HOME/lib/JSAP_1.03a.jar:$ADDXML_HOME/lib/toolsUI-2.2.20.jar gov.noaa.pmel.tmap.addxml.addXML "$@"

(I also changed the .dodsrc file to give the proxy support, i don't know
if addXML refers to this file, but ferret does.)

And still no response.

Is there a way to give support to the addXML for using a proxy server?

Thanks in advance!

FavioM.