Re: [las_users] How to clear TDS cache for aggregated file

Hi Penny,

The cache that coming into play for this case is the TDS cache (not the las/conf/server/dods/.dods_cache which is the client cache).  You can see what TDS thinks the data limits are by looking at the HTML page with the data set details through the TDS Web interface.

You can clear the TDS cache by setting up the remote management interface and using the "clear cache" link in the management intereface:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/reference/RemoteManagement.html

You might also be able to get away with brute force removing of cache entries from $TOMCAT_HOME/content/thredds/cache, aggcache and cacheAged.

See: for some details on the TDS cache.  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.1/reference/ThreddsConfigXMLFile.html

Roland

Oots, Penny C. (LARC-E301)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS APPLICATIONS] wrote:
On our development server, I tested aggregating a dataset with 4 weekly files covering Jan 1997.  When this worked, I changed the aggregation to include 708 files covering Jan 1997 to Jul 2010.  I can plot a time series for the whole time period 1997-2010.  However, when I try to do a difference plot, I get the error “illegal limits: WATER_SURF_TEMP does not exist at T=06-JAN-2005 00:00 Axis extremes are T=02-JAN-1997 15:00:30-JAN-1997 15:00”.  I suspected this was a TDS caching issue, and had the /las/conf/server/dods/.dods_cache directory and its contents removed.  However, the error continued even when the .dods_cache directory was not there as well as when I had the .dods_cache manually recreated.

I tested the new aggregation using LAS 7.0 beta and Las 7.1.2 using Thredds Version 4.1.20100428.1437 and get the same problem.

So, where is the .dods_cache file or it’s equivalent and how do I clear it?

Thanks,
Penny Oots