Re: [las_users] LAS error when using curvilinear grid

>From a quick look at this the OPeNDAP address for your THREDDS Data Server from the error message, you have...

http://lawelawe.soest.hawaii.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/hioos/model/atm/ncep/NCEP_Global_Atmospheric_Model_best.ncd

That TDS doesn't seem to be working.  The TDS address that you give later is working though...

http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds/catalog/hioos/model/atm/ncep/catalog.html

Check the url attribute that you have for the variable would a starting point.  If that is set correctly there may be an incorrect url attribute in productserver.xml.

Phil Cogbill
Computer Systems Analyst, STG, Inc., Government Contractor
CSMD/DAAB
National Climatic Data Center
115 Patton Ave.
Asheville, NC 28801-5001
Phil.Cogbill@xxxxxxxx
828-271-4474

John Maurer, IV wrote:
Hi All,
We're very happy to see support for curvilinear grids in LAS7. Although setting this in my dataset properties works for some of my datasets (WRF), another one (NCEP) gives me the following error:

**netCDF error
             OPeNDAP Error: An internal error was encountered in HTTPCache.cc at line 1016:
C (OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code 1002)
             Data set: http://lawelawe.soest.hawaii.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/hioos/model/atm/ncep/NCEP_Global_Atmospheric_Model_best.ncd
DEFINE SYMBOL ferret_curv_lon_min = `lon[d=1,x=@min,y=@min]`
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted
STOP -script mode, ERROR RUNNING SCRIPT statement executed

Our LAS URL for the dataset that gives the above error is:

http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/las/getUI.do?dsid=id-3cd0a0503b&catid=id-3cd0a0503b&varid=Tair-id-3cd0a0503b&plot=XY_zoomable_image&view=xy

The setting in my dataset configuration is:

      <ferret>
        <curvi_coord_lon>lon</curvi_coord_lon>
        <curvi_coord_lat>lat</curvi_coord_lat>
      </ferret>

If I remove the above settings and instead try and display the data using a regular grid, a plot is successfully produced. But this approximation is poor as demonstrated by the data not lining up with the overlayed coastlines, so a curvilinear plot would be much preferred.

We are using this to display NCEP over Hawaii as a Best Time Series Forecast Model Run Collection (FMRC) from our THREDDS Data Server (TDS) using OPeNDAP:

http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds/catalog/hioos/model/atm/ncep/catalog.html

Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
John Maurer