Re: [las_users] Distributed LAS

Title: Distributed LAS
Maxwell, Thomas P. (GSFC-606.2)[SCIENCE APPLICATIONS INTL CORP] wrote:

We are interested in installing LAS with the LPS and LBES on different computers.   Can you point out some documentation on how to install & set up LAS in this configuration?
It is in theory possible, but in practice this configuration is not well supported.  One thing the might work would be to have a compromise configuration where the backend services and the product server shared some disk space.  Then if the backend services wrote products to this shared area, the product server could serve them.

There is also the issue of the THREDDS data server that must be associated with LAS.  LAS writes configuration information for the TDS when is starts so it would either have to be located with the product server or in a place where the data and temporary directories could be shared by the two servers.

We started some work to iron out all the details of this sort of configuration, but so far it has not been a high priority to close all the issues associated with that sort of configuration.

Roland

Thanks,
Tom