Re: [las_users] longitude range in dataset XML ignored by LAS UI map

John,

John Maurer, IV wrote:

> Well, I've had a look.  Here's a screen shot of the new interface with the new_broken.xml configuration.
>
> Is the region you expect to see in the old interface?
>
> Roland

Hi Roland,
Yep, that's the correct region. Did you have to change something for it to work?, or does LAS 7 handle it OK while LAS 6 doesn't? We are using LAS 6 (LAS UI Version 6.5.2.2).

I didn't do anything to the configuration to get it to run with the new version of LAS.  I started with V7 because I figured it would work and I wanted to verify that I understood what the region is supposed to look like.

You can probably see where this is going.  We're going to drop support for the version 6 interface soon and don't want to put too much time into supporting it.  However, now that I know what I'm looking at, I'll have a closer look to see if there is a quick fix for v6.

For reasons I hashed out with you in October (ancient history by now), I couldn't install LAS 7 with TDS 4 or Tomcat 6... perhaps those roadblocks are gone now?

I can't say I recall the specifics of your issues, but TDS 4 is now required for LAS 7.1 (and the soon to be released 7.1.1) and Tomcat 6 is now recommended and works with the install scripts. I use this combination (Tomcat 6 and TDS 4) for all my development and testing.

However, if there's also a way to get LAS 6 to work with this dataset, that would be nice. Let me know. Thanks for giving this a look!

As I said, I'm not making any promises, but I will have a look.  Meanwhile, think about whether you might now be able to at least start planning for an upgrade to Version 7.

Roland

Cheers,
John