Re: [las_users] Using ferret scripts in LAS

Hi Anton,
LAS already has what you need to work with data on curvilinear grids. In the LAS Installer Documentation, http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/LAS/documentation/installer-documentation,   please look at "Adding Curvilinear Data".  You will put some extra bits in the xml configuration for the dataset which tell the Ferret scripts that are included with LAS that this is curvilinear data, and the names of the longitude and latitude coordinate variables.  Then the scripts will take that data and make plots with the 3-argument Ferret plot calls, or subsets of data including the curvilinear coordinates.

Ansley

Anton Yoel Buenavista wrote:
Hello everyone,

I would like to know how to use Ferret scripts in LAS? For example for a curvilinear grid, this Ferret line will be executed:

  yes? fill/L=<time> e, lon, lat

Where <time> is a certain time in the grid depending on the choice of the user from the date dropdown menu in the LAS interface. I have read about init scripts, however I'm still unsure as to how to retrieve values from the data set variables.

Your help is greatly appreciated!