Subject: Re: [las_users] Lat/Lon problems
From: Bastian Kern <bastian.kern@xxxxxxx>
To: las_users@xxxxxxxx <oar.pmel.las_users@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "las_users@xxxxxxxx" <oar.pmel.las_users@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, 25 February, 2010 9:58:38 PM

Hi,

I had problems with time axes with units of minutes some time ago, so I
expanded the LASConfig.java file for our internal LAS server. Now we can
use the unit "min" for axes like:

    <time_axis type="t" units="min">
       <arange start="01-AUG-2006 11:12" step="12" size="1905"
end="17-AUG-2006 08:12"/>
    </time_axis>

If you don't fear editing the Java source code you can use it, but have
to change your LASUI.js (in /WebContent/JavaScript/ui/) in line 1524 from:

this.refs.DW = new
DateWidget(this.state.grid.getLo('t'),this.state.grid.getHi('t'));

to:

var scale = 1;
var tUnits = this.state.grid.getUnits('t');
var tDelta = this.state.grid.getDelta('t');
if (tUnits == "hour") {
   scale = 60;
   if ((24 % tDelta) != 0) {
     tDelta = 1;
   }
}
else {
   if  (tDelta == null || tUnits == "day") {
     tDelta = 1440;
   }
   if (tUnits == "min") {
     if ((1440 % tDelta) != 0) {
       tDelta = 1;
     }
   }
}
this.refs.DW = new
DateWidget(this.state.grid.getLo('t'),this.state.grid.getHi('t'),(tDelta
* scale));

and replace /gov/noaa/pmel/tmap/las/jdom/LASConfig.java by the attached
LASConfig.java.
You should backup all files first!

I hope it works,
Bastian