Re: [las_users] LAS V7 : Unable to make intermediate netCDF file.

Serra, Mr. Efren, Contractor, Code 7542 wrote:

Roland,

I would be happy to add it to the IntermediateNetcdfFile; please coach me via email on how to do this.  Thanks.

[...]

Sorry.  I got called away for a few days.

Here's what you need to accomplish.

In the create method there is a loop that identifies the x, y, z and t variables and all of the data variables in a request by comparing the information in the results set metadata to the information in the database configuration.  Then this code creates the appropriate netCDF variable to hold the data.    You probably need to modify netcdfTypeFromJDBCType to return an appropriate type when the JDBC data type is blob.  In your case I believe the appropriate type is netCDF double.

Then in the fill method you'll need to add some logic that finds the BLOB data and extracts the data values and makes the entries into the netCDF file by repeating the appropriate xyzt and cruise id information for each data value.  The loop is set up to get one result per row so you'll have to add some logic to do handle the fact that the BLOB contains multiple data values and it's not enough to just identify the data type of the data variable as double.  You need to know the row contains a blob and needs to be treated differently.

Roland