Re: [las_users] status of LAS V7 with Tomcat 6+?

John,

I'm headed out on travel, so this is going to be sort of a shotgun answer to see if I hit something before I go.  I'll try to respond from the road if you see something specific from these questions that looks suspicious.

How did you answer the configuration question about using a proxy?

Have a look at the http://yourlasserver.com/las/ProductServer.do

Try clicking on the links to the Soap Axis service endpoints and see what happens.  Are the URLs what you would expect based on your choice of whether to use a proxy?  If you are using a proxy, is the proxy config in the Apache httpd.conf?

Take a look at the $LAS_HOME/conf/server/productserver.xml and see if the URLs make sense as you would expect them to using the proxy (or not).

One way to debug things like this is to try a fresh install with out any of your own configuration information.  Once it works you can then replace the default config with your specifics.

Roland

John Maurer, IV wrote:
Roland Schweitzer wrote:

> In the meantime, if you feel like being on the bleeding edge you can use the latest snapshot from the trunk available in 'ftp://ftp.pmel.noaa.gov/pub/las/trunk.tar.gz'.  It still doesn't not automatically configure for Tomcat 6, but is compatible with TDS 4 and netCDF Java 4.  The trunk code requires Java 6.  This code is running at http://las.hycom.org/ and on most of our internal servers.

Hi Roland,
I tried installing the above snapshot. The install script completed successfully (with the modification of $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib to $TOMCAT_HOME/lib), and this time TDS was not broken. So, I'm getting closer. However, I still cannot run any of the LAS plots. I get an error screen with the title "The backend service threw an uncaught exception" and the following error message: "(404) Not Found". This is the same problem I saw with my previous LASv7 installation, too. I can't figure out what extra configuration is needed, and the logs are not shedding much light on the problem. I already have the proxy set up for /las, as was used successfully with my LASv6 installation. I did have some Apache httpd.conf settings for LASv6; are there any similar settings needed for LASv7?

ScriptAlias /las-bin/ "/usr/local/las-6.5.2/server/"
Alias /las-output/ "/usr/local/las-6.5.2/server/output/"
<Directory "/usr/local/las-6.5.2/server">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Thanks for your help. If there's additional information I can provide, let me know.
Best Regards,
John Maurer

--
The contents of this message are mine personally and do not necessarily reflect any position of the Government or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.