Re: [las_users] status of LAS V7 with Tomcat 6+?

Roland Schweitzer wrote:

> What version of TDS are you running?  Unfortunately, the current version of LAS is not compatible with TDS 4x.  Because of this we will likely be rolling out an interim release of LAS which is compatible with TDS 4 and move the required version of Tomcat and Java to 6 in that release.

Thanks, Roland. Indeed: we are running the latest TDS--4.0.26. So that explains my difficulties with trying to install LAS7. I look forward to the interim release.

> In the meantime, if you feel like being on the bleeding edge you can use the latest snapshot from the trunk available in 'ftp://ftp.pmel.noaa.gov/pub/las/trunk.tar.gz'.  It still doesn't not automatically configure for Tomcat 6, but is compatible with TDS 4 and netCDF Java 4.  The trunk code requires Java 6.  This code is running at http://las.hycom.org/ and on most of our internal servers.

Thanks for this suggestion. I will give it a shot!

> Sorry that things are a little bit up in the air, but a lot of software we depend on have new (incompatible) versions and we're still playing catch up a little bit.

No worries. Thanks for your prompt replies.

Best Regards,
John Maurer
Hawaiʻi Ocean Observing System (HiOOS)