Re: [las_users] status of LAS V7 with Tomcat 6+?

Roland Schweitzer wrote:

> The "fudge" is to edit the build.xml file that results from the configure process and replace the location of the Tomcat servlet lib directory for Tomcat 5 "${jakarta.home}/common/lib" with the location for same in Tomcat 6 ("${jakarta.home}/lib").  Or copy build.xml.in to build.xml and edit in both the jakarta.home property and the new lib location.

Thanks, Roland. I gave this a shot and the configure script now runs to successful completion. However, after rebooting Tomcat, our TDS was unable to start up again (HTTP Status 404), even after subsequent reboots and redeploying TDS. Also, the LAS7 start page displays OK but none of the plots work: the back-end doesn't work. The TDS logs had nothing to say in terms of errors, and the only thing catalina.out had to say was this:

2009-09-22 10:33:28,883 ERROR product.server.LASAction - The backend service threw an uncaught exception
2009-09-22 10:33:28,884 ERROR product.server.LASAction - (404)Not Found
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:744)

To get things running again, I had to back out of the LAS7 installation. I've since reverted to LAS6 and TDS is able to run again. Any ideas what may have caused this behavior?

I also re-installed LAS7 after setting up Tomcat 5.5.28 in case Tomcat 6 was source of the above problems. However, I get the same behavior. I have followed the installation instructions on the LAS site closely, so I'm at a loss for what is going wrong. Any ideas?

> We will likely require or strongly recommend 6 for the next release of LAS.  In the meantime you can use it at your own discretion.

Thanks, Roland. Do you know when the next release might be rolled out?
Cheers,
John