[las_users] How to substitute higher-resolution coastlines in LAS?

Dear LAS Community,
The default coastlines used in LAS over Hawaii are very poor and don't include all of the islands. Is there a way to bump up the coastline resolution or to substitute a different coastline file for overlaying onto our plots? I found a way to handle this in Ferret (see URL below), but I wasn't sure how to incorporate this into LAS. Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide!

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/HOMEPAGE/FAQ/graphics/coastlines.html

Regards,
John Maurer
---
Hawaiʻi Ocean Observing System (http://hioos.org)
School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology (SOEST)
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa