[las_users] status of LAS V7 with Tomcat 6+?

Has there been any progress made on configuring the LAS V7 installation to work with Tomcat 6+? The documentation from over a year ago (2008-04-04) at "http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/LAS/documentation/installer-documentation/installation/preliminaries/" says:

"You'll have to fudge it if you want to use 6+."

We're already using Tomcat 6.0.18 for TDS and other things, so I'm curious if any users have experiencing "fudging" the LAS V7 installation with Tomcat 6+?, or if any LAS developers have plans to update the installation soon? Thanks for your help!
Aloha,
John Maurer
HiOOS Data System Administrator
School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
808.956.0227
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~jmaurer