[las_users] LAS Difference plot error

I have been testing the LAS 7.0.3 V7 interface and ran smack into a major problem trying to use the categories.xml file I have been using for the last four years (http://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/las/servlets/dataset).

As documented “The new rules for category construction prohibit mixing variables from different data sets into the same category.”   Because we are using LAS to serve data to teachers, students, and interested public, we have grouped the datasets offered by more general categories.

Is there any chance you will reconsider this prohibition in a future release?  I do realize that the ‘classic interface’ can use the categories but I thought I saw an email that the classic interface might not be supported in the future.

Penny Oots
Science Systems & Applications Inc.
NASA Langley Research Center, MS 157D
Hampton, VA 23681-2199