[las_users] Ferret Descriptor files in LAS 7.0.3

Hi,
I am trying to use las.v7.0.3. One of my data sets consists of many (large) subfiles with time slices. Concatination with ferret descriptor files works well for ferret. However, the new addXML cannot generate the appropriate xml files. From a las 6 I can modify an old descriptor file and get my data visible for images. I use the descriptor file as the data filename. Otherwise configurations is the same like for netcdf-files. Times are defined using the LAS xml-configuration language. This works. However,
any "analysis", i.e. either time or spatial averages, max or min, fails. The error message points to a
"use" statement in the .jnl-file, that is generated when startserver.sh is issued.
USE "/u/las/las-daten/balt_1nm_ref_run_2002_2008_desfiles/ocean_day3d.des"

Indeed, for a standalone-ferret the extension .des must be removed. Doing so, however, does not resolve the LAS problem.

With other data sets, which consist of simple netcdf-files things are working. The opendap-access with ferret
from another machine via the URL works and from the LAS-web interface to Thredds I get a catalog and data. All these things fail for the dataset configured with descriptor files.

In the e-mail archive I have found a discussion about descriptor files and Armstrong 1. There is a stetement, that
.des files are not the best choice and a direct configuration in the TDS should be preferrred. Some examples were announced, but
I cannot find them in the archive. I searched the TDS description but could not find a solution.

Does anyone know a solution?

Many thanks in advance,
Martin Schmidt