Re: [las_users] can ferret handle HYCOM products?

Hi Zuojun,

I am using HYCOM products from below OPenDAP server you mentioned.
The reason that "go land" did not work, the variables (i.e Temp, Sal.)
have no associated Latitude/Longitude coordinate,
however they are labeled by index values (i.e i=1:4500, j=1:3298).

Although, it is possible that you can change i/j values to lat/lon,
it is not possible to do on the fly (It gives netcdf error).

What I am doing is to
1.find my region of interest

> If you never used HYCOM products from
>
> http://hycom.rsmas.miami.edu/dataserver/
>
> you may want to stop here.
>
> The inof page says:
> "These files can be accessed using any OPeDAP enabled client e.g, ferret,
> Matlab, NCO etc."
>
> However, I have trouble with the 2nd and 3rd files' lat/lon, namely, "go
> land" would not work.  Any easy way to go around it?
>
> Aloha,
> Zuojun

> Zuojun Yu
> IPRC/SOEST