Re: [las_users] multiple LAS running on one THREDDS

Hi Roland,

Can LAS use a TDS on a remote host? Does the TDS instance have to be dedicated to LAS or can it simply not be shared between two LAS installations?
Thanks!

--john

Roland Schweitzer wrote:
Jerome,

You will run into problems running two LAS installations from the same TDS since they will share the same temporary directories and the same FerretConfig.xml file (which controls the base F-TDS path that LAS and F-TDS uses internally). I recommend you install a second TDS under a new webapp name (e.g. thredds2) and use that for your second LAS.

We routinely install a second TDS to host a second LAS under the same tomcat. I'll document the procedure we use to do this in the LAS Installer Documentation.

Roland

Jerome King wrote:
Hi LAS experts,

I installed the last couple versions of LAS 7.01 and 7.02 on the same tomcat and same thredds for testing purposes.

I added 2 distinct entries in the thredds catalog to point to the 2 different LAS versions.

The only thing I forgot to change was the "path" in the "DatasetScan" in THREDDS. I had them both with "las". Before I change them, both LAS were pointing to http://servername/thredds/dodsC/las.

So I changed the "path" variable so they are distinct and I re-configured (i.e ran ./configure all over again) both LAS after doing an "ant clean".

Unfortunately, the THREDDS link on the top right corner of the LAS banner still points to http://servername/thredds/dodsC/las.

So I was wondering if the "ant clean" did not do the job or if the link is hard-coded to be http://servername/thredds/dodsC/las without in mind that the "path" value may change if one runs multiple LAS on one tomcat.

I figure I could find out where the entry for the link in the banner is and change it accordingly, but I wanted it to mention it to you in case there is a less disruptive way to do this.

Thanks a bunch!
Jerome.

It’s the same Hotmail®. If by “same” you mean up to 70% faster. Get your account now. <http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad1_122008>