Re: [las_users] multiple LAS running on one THREDDS

Jerome,

You will run into problems running two LAS installations from the same TDS since they will share the same temporary directories and the same FerretConfig.xml file (which controls the base F-TDS path that LAS and F-TDS uses internally).  I recommend you install a second TDS under a new webapp name (e.g. thredds2) and use that for your second LAS.

We routinely install a second TDS to host a second LAS under the same tomcat.  I'll document the procedure we use to do this in the LAS Installer Documentation.

Roland

Jerome King wrote:
Hi LAS experts,

I installed the last couple versions of LAS 7.01 and 7.02 on the same tomcat and same thredds for testing purposes.

I added 2 distinct entries in the thredds catalog to point to the 2 different LAS versions.

The only thing I forgot to change was the "path" in the "DatasetScan" in THREDDS. I had them both with "las".
Before I change them, both LAS were pointing to http://servername/thredds/dodsC/las.

So I changed the "path" variable so they are distinct and I re-configured (i.e ran ./configure all over again) both LAS after doing an "ant clean".

Unfortunately, the THREDDS link on the top right corner of the LAS banner still points to http://servername/thredds/dodsC/las.

So I was wondering if the "ant clean" did not do the job or if the link is hard-coded to be http://servername/thredds/dodsC/las without in mind that the "path" value may change if one runs multiple LAS on one tomcat.

I figure I could find out where the entry for the link in the banner is and change it accordingly, but I wanted it to mention it to you in case there is a less disruptive  way to do this.

Thanks a bunch!
Jerome.