Re: [las_users] Wrong output when selecting longitude-depth or time series

Hi Dimitra,

I just followed your instructions to have a quick look.  Only reporting here that I was unable to reproduce your error report.  Screen snapshots below using Firefox 3.0.5.  What browser are you using?

    - Steve

dbali@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello again,

Hello,

I downloaded and installed the newest version (LAS v7.0.1) and the
problem is now solved. :0) I have one new question though. Does the
new version handle null values from NetCDF files differently than the
previous ones? I am asking this as I have noticed that with the new
version I sometimes get an error message when I request certain netCDF
files and the error messages indicate that some values are null/missing.

No.  The way missing values are treated has not changed.  Can you be
more specific about this new problem?  The best situation would be for
you to send the URL for your LAS and instructions for what actions to
take to reproduce the problem.

Step one: http://poseidonlas.ath.hcmr.gr:8080/las

Step two: Select the following dataset "AEGEAN: 3D Hydrodynamical
Forecasts (POM)-Nested to MERSEA Med forecast" with Sea Surface Height and
press "Save As...", enter OK (no evaluate axpression) and then select
Netcdf Format.

By following these, you should get an error pop-up window. The error
messages include some missing values and also coords that dont match
variable coords on axis LONGITUDE. So, since our files and data have
remained the same the handling must have changed and we probably need to
adjust them. :0)

Once again, thank you for your time and patience with the matter.
Dimitra Bali.

Roland

Thank you very much for your assistance and your immadiate response in
the matter.

Kind Regards,
Dimitra Bali.

Roland Schweitzer wrote:

Hello,

We believe that this issue has been resolved in LAS v7.0.1 which is
now available from the ftp site
(ftp://ftp.pmel.noaa.gov/pub/las/las.v7.0.1.tar.gz).

This is the only change for this release.  Please let us know whether
or not it resolves your problem.

Thanks,
Roland

dbali@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello again,

I tried the new version of LAS instead of the beta release but the
problems I was discribing still remain. Any ideas on how to get
round to
it, would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dimitra Bali

Dimitra Bali,

It looks like you are running the Beta version of v7.0 instead of the
latest release.  There is a new tar file
(ftp://ftp.pmel.noaa.gov/pub/las/las.v7.0.tar.gz) which has the
latest
software.  The new version has many bug fixes and enhancements.  When
you have a chance, please try installing the latest and we'll go from
there.

Thanks,
Roland

Dimitra Bali wrote:

Hello to everyone,

I have installed LAS v7.0 and it is available if someone wishes to
have a look at:

*MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from
"poseidonlas.ath.hcmr.gr80" claiming to be*
http://poseidonlas.ath.hcmr.gr:8080/las/

I have managed to figured out some problems that have occured during
the installation and set-up but I am currently stuck with two small
issues:

1. Whenever I try to select "Time series", "Longtitude" or "Depth"
for
any of my datasets I get a wrong colour plot. If for example I
select
an area or point with a stable Latitude of 36,738 I get a colour
plot
with a stable Latitude of 55,1. The weird thing is that all the
other
formats work fine. If for the same area I request an ASCII file,
NetCDF, Table of Values etc I get the correct data. The only thing
that is wrong is the colour plot. Also, the only case were the
colour
plot works fine is at the Maps section.

By trying a few point on the map, I figured out that the "leap" in
Latitude that appears to be happening is that the difference in the
Latitude I request and the Latitude I get, is a number that always
seems to be multiplied by 1.5

2. If I request the dataset "Europe: Weather forecast" (with any
variable) and select Latitude-Longtitude in "MAPS" I get a colout
plot
which is correct but the top and bottom borders seem to be reversed
for some reason.

Thank you in advance for any ideas,
Dimitra Bali.

believed to be clean.

dangerous content by *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>,
and is
believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.

--
Steve Hankin, NOAA/PMEL -- Steven.C.Hankin@xxxxxxxx
7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men
to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke