[las_users] -

Dear all,

this is the first mail I write to las_user, so...hello to everybody :-)

I'm totally new about LAS and Ferret, so I hope I'll be clear enough explaining my problem :-)

Some info:
OS:   ScientificLinux5
LAS v:   las.v7.0.beta
Ferret v: ferret_v61
data: SST (v1 not aggregated)

I'd like to tell LAS/ferret to exclude all values below a fixed value, but then still to calculate the min and max and to change the scale factor accordly...

I explain with more details:
we have SST data (netcdf...LAS config file has been created with addXML utility from a THREDDS catalogue) with a negative value (in Kelvin) for land (we only process Mediterranean Sea) and LAS/ferret gets this lower limit (actually it sets it up to -54.5 Kelvin), gets the upper and then calculate the colours for middle values...this means that I've a 2-color map: land coloured with the lower color (-54.5 K) and the Sea with the upper one (colour range 300-320 K is the same) :-P

if I select a zone land-free, I have the correct scaled-colours...

I tried to change default las.xml with:
<ferret>
  <land_type>contour</land_type>
  <fill_type>fill</fill_type>
  <fill_levels>(285,310,1)</fill_levels>
</ferret>

this configuration works excluding land values (so land is left blank <-- OK), but I have always the same limits 285-310K (no matter how many time I zoom-in) without rescaling...and I'd like to solve it!

Any idea?

Many Thanks
Vega Forneris