Re: [las_users] problem (solved) regridding curvilinear data in las

Hi -
This turns out to be a little Ferret bug. Your fix is absolutely fine, won't cause any trouble at all, and we'll have it fixed in the scripts and in Ferret in the next release.

Ansley

Ansley Manke wrote:
Hi Robert,
Commenting out that line will not cause any side effects, except possibly that you would not have that attribute in the output file. But I'm puzzled at why you'd see that error message. The coordinates attribute for the data variable is defined earlier in that same script. Would you mind changing that back, and sending me the whole debug output for a case where you see the error?

Ansley

Robert Fuller wrote:
Hi,

Using LAS V7.0 Beta, we struggled with regridding our curvilinear data repeatedly running into an error like this:

**ERROR: variable unknown or not in data set: temp.coordinates
SET ATTRIBUTE/OUTPUT temp.coordinates
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted

We eventually resolved this by commenting out this line
!SET ATTRIBUTE/OUTPUT ($data_var).coordinates
in this file:
tomcat/webapps/las/WEB-INF/classes/resources/ferret/scripts/list_curvi_data.jnl

We are now able to produce the regridded output ok.

Not sure if anyone else has also encountered this problem, or if it is something specific to our data or mapping file. If someone else encounters the same problem they might try our hack/solution.

I don't know enough to determine whether there is a bad side effect to having commented that line, but I'd look forward to hearing any warnings or advice.

Thanks,
Robert.