Re: [las_users] Multiple files

Hi,

Rakesh Patil V. wrote:
Hello Friends,

I have a set of 763 NC files weekly SLA data.. right from oct 1992 to May 2005.. I want to use them in My LAS.. After going through lot of searches, i came to know that, Multiple NC files can be added into LAS using "make.des"...

Using this script i was able to generate the descriptor file.. But i was again struck as how to make use of this des file..
Next I gave URL="" in corresponding XML file... I got the desired time series.. But when i clicked next, LAS was unable to produce the graphical Output..

is this the only way to add data from multiple files in LAS??
No, this is not the only way.  And in fact it's not the recommended way.  We have found that the best way to use a collection of file likes yours in LAS is to create a "joinExisting" aggregation in THREDDS Data Server.  Since you have already installed a TDS in conjunction with LAS there is no new software to install.

Here are the basic instructions: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tutorial/schedule.html

Here are the specifics regarding aggregation: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tutorial/NcML.htm

Roland

Regards