Re: [las_users] Merge NetCDF files

Pankaj Kumar,

Pankaj Kumar wrote:
hi,
We are using LAS armstrong 1.1.1 and ferret v6.1.

>From few days we have been facing problem as to how to merge the .nc (netCDF) files.
Came to know using make.des script we can merge the data. we have tried it but we have not been able to got the expected result.
I'm not sure what you mean by "merge".  However, one common need is to somehow represent a collection of netCDF files that make up the time steps of a time series as a single netCDF data source.  The recommended way to accomplish this is to user the aggregation capabilities of the THREDDS Data Server.  Since you already have a TDS running to support your LAS you can also use it to create "aggregations" (merges, if you will) of collections of data and serve the results via your LAS.

You can find more information about TDS and aggregations (and other ways of joining together netCDF files) here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tutorial/NcML.htm

Roland

I need your help guys as how to merge the nc files, if possible explain the same ??.

Awaiting for a positive reply.

With Regards,
Pankaj Kumar

www.nio.org