[las_users] Categorisation of Datasets

Hi,
I am using las.armstrong 1.1.1 and Ferret v6.1.

I came to know through the forum while generating xml files from     addXML.sh
we have to just add the info in las.xml
and then generate the sript once more using genLAS.pl
thats working fine for single datasets.

But,so far i am unable to get the exact information about how to categories the datasets.

For example,
wana categories the dataset in terms of
 Levitus  Climatology - Monthly/ Annualy/Seasonal
 COADS Climatology - Monthy
 Reynolds data

I will be thankful, if anyone in the group help me out in this issue of categorisation of  the datasets.
and one more is there any difference in generating the xml information from addXML.pl and addXML.sh.

Awaiting from positive reply.

with regards,
Pankaj Kumar

www.nio.org