Re: [las_users] Proxy Howto for LAS?

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. We run a firewall that does stateful packet inspection. I had a look at the logs and discovered the following log entry for a typical failed data download request cause (apparently) by a packet rejection by the firewall:

http://www.xxx.yyy.zzz:80/las-bin/LASserver.pl?xml=";<snip>"
reason: Web security: 'Content-Disposition' connections are not allowed. HTTP Responses containing a 'Content-disposition:'header are not allowed.

So the firewall seems to be preventing certain types of LAS requests from completing. I'll have to discuss this further
with the network admin and my boss, since any changes to this
policy will affect the security posture for our whole site.

Thanks for all your help Mr. Schweitzer.

Russell

Russell Price|UNIX Sys Admin
NMFS Honolulu|808 983 5312