Re: [las_users] Proxy Howto for LAS?

Russell N. Price wrote:
O.K., I did the actions in this section, and it solved our map presentation problem. Thank you!
[...]
Ok.  Glad that part is working.

Do you have the script aliases set up in the Apache configuration file?

I do have the script aliases set on the internal server, much like this:

  ScriptAlias  /las-bin/ /var/www/html/las/server/
  Alias /las-output/ /var/www/html/las/server/output/

And I have the proxypass/reverse directives on the proxy:

  ProxyPass /las/ http://stout.pmel.noaa.gov:8080/las/
  ProxyPassReverse /las/ http://stout.pmel.noaa.gov:8080/las/

However, I'm not sure what the RedirectPemanent directive on the proxy is supposed to be pointing to:

  RedirectPermanent /las http://stout.pmel.noaa.gov/las/servlets/dataset
This is just a convenience thing. We got tired of telling everybody that the URL for the LAS was http://stout.pmel.noaa.gov/las/servlets/dataset and so we did a redirect from http://stout.pmel.noaa.gov/las to http://stout.pmel.noaa.gov/las/servlets/dataset so people could land on the LAS using the shorter URL. This is not a requirement for LAS to work it's just a convenience for the users.

I have no directory tree that looks like:

las/servlets/...

on the LAS host. What collection of files might I look for to identify this mystery directory?
These are not directories per-se. They are path that the Tomcat container assigns to the LAS user interface servlet. If you look in the WEB-INF/web.xml file you can see where these URL paths are defined.

Does the netCDF download work or is it still busted?

Roland

Thank you.

Russell