Re: [las_users] HowTo use descriptor files

Hi all,
Penny and I worked this out; the error message is coming from the script LAS_set_strides.jnl, which should only be applied to netCDF datasets.  At the start of that script, we need to add some commands to check whether the dataset is a descriptor file, and if so just exit. Ferret is not set up to do the native striding on descriptor files. If your server uses any descriptor files,  please add the following before the comment that says "! If the operation is writing a netCDF file, that is done in chunks..."

  ! Cannot do native striding if this is a descriptor dataset.

  DEFINE SYMBOL check_for_des = `($ferret_plot_var),return=dsetpath`
  IF `STRINDEX("($check_for_des)", ".des") GT 0` THEN EXIT/SCRIPT

Ansley

Oots, Penny C. (LARC-E301)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS & APPLICATIONS INC.] wrote:
What is the latest status concerning use of descriptor files with
Armstong 1.1?  I am testing Armstrong 1.1 using a descriptor file with
three netcdf files and can produce a timeline but get the following
error when I try to produce a plot:

**ERROR: invalid command: it is not a netcdf dataset
SET AXIS/STRIDE=6 LON
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted

I saw Roland's suggestion to use TDS but would prefer to be able to use
the existing descriptor files from LAS 6.5 if possible.

Penny Oots
Science Systems & Applications Inc.
NASA Langley Research Center, MS 157D
Hampton, VA 23681-2199