Re: [las_users] Don't understand how to reference THREDDS files in LAS

James,

In the LAS configuration for the dataset change the "dods://" to "http://";.

Roland

James Lamm wrote:
Please send reply to lamm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for any help!

I am have a lot of trouble with my LAS.  I can see
from another server that what I am trying to do
is possible, but I just don't know how to do it and
can't really find doc for this.

I have a thredds server on the machine that serves up
aggregate files.  For this reason, the "real" netcdf
file does not exists and I can't just put a "file"
in my ferret_path for it to see.  I go into
http://gw550-3.coaps.fsu.edu/thredds and see  that
every thing is fine with my aggregate file.  The
tomcat and stuff is working fine along with the thredds
and las for the most part.   I also see
though that THREDDS does not seem to offer a "netcdf" option
to loadload the file, just ascii and binary.  Therefore,
I have no way to "list" the file in the
url of my las.xml (or the
sub-xml-file for that dataset).  No matter what I try, the
las server sees everything just fine up to the point
I make that last next button that opens a popup with
a Ferret plot.  There it gives a NETCDF open error message
which is not surprising to me since I don't
know how to specify a THREDDs file to be returned as
NETCDF.  The error message looks a lot like:

LAS Error
The following error message was received from LAS:

Adding an acceptable error string: "*** NOTE: ".
        NOAA/PMEL TMAP
FERRET v6 Linux(g77) 2.4.21-32 - 08/23/06 2-May-07 18:15
yes? cancel mode verify
yes? cancel mode interp
yes? define symbol mark_grid = default
yes? define symbol image_format = default
yes? canc data/all
yes? go std_initialize
"dods://gw550-3.coaps.fsu.edu/thredds/dodsC/testAll/covice" "1" "1"
"covice"
 **netCDF error
             No(OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code 2)
             Data set:
dods://gw550-3.coaps.fsu.edu/thredds/dodsC/testAll/covice
set data "dods://gw550-3.coaps.fsu.edu/thredds/dodsC/testAll/covice"
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted

ERROR!!
The request for the following product did not finish due to an error.

    Dataset: dods://gw550-3.coaps.fsu.edu/thredds/dodsC/testAll/covice
    Variable: covice
    Product: xy plot

--
The contents of this message are mine personally and do not necessarily reflect any position of the Government or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.