[las_users] The LAS I installed crashes when java isn't activated

Hello,
I Installed a LAS at

http://data.mohid.com:8080/las/servlets/dataset

However, contrarily to other LAS i found on the web, our LAS crashes
(actually its the tomcat server that crashes) when I disable java from
Firefox or internet explorer (I mean java and not javascript) and I
try to access to the world map ui. I then have to restart the tomcat
server, activate java in my webbrowser so that everything works again.
The tomcat logs give the error
"(.:5680): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:"

--
Instituto Superior Técnico – MARETEC
Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica – Secção de Energia e Ambiente