[las_users] Re: LAS 6.5.2.1 installation problem

Jon,

Jonathan Callahan wrote:

Roger,

My first suggestion is to make sure that you recomiple the LAS java code by typing 'make' in the top level directory and then be certain that this same version of java is being used to run Tomcat.
[root@las las]$ printenv JAVA_HOME
/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_07

[root@las las]$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_07"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

So it's using the same java version, 1.5.0_07. I recompiled by typing 'make' and ./configure without any error. But I'm still getting the same error...

If things still don't work I would suggest that you install a newer version of Tomcat and configure LAS to use that newer version. In future releases of LAS we will no longer bundle Tomcat with the LAS code so you might as well try this out now.

I've installed a newer tomcat version (5.5.4) to work at port 8180 and it works OK when typing http://host:8180. I also configured Apache with the ProxyPass an restart the servers. Still getting

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
gov.noaa.pmel.tmap.ExceptionFilter.doFilter(ExceptionFilter.java:39)

Thanks for your help.

Roger

Let us know if you have success with either of these methods.

-- jon

Roger Olivella wrote:

Hi Jon,

Last March I sent to you a mail about a LAS installation problem (http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/mail_archives/las_users/fu_2006/msg00059.html) and I solved it following your indications. Now I'm installing LAS to another machine with this setup:

LAS 6.5.2.1
Ferret 5.81
Apache 2.0.52
Tomcat (from LAS distribution)
Java 1.5.0_07-b03
Linux CentOS
Perl 5.8.6

And I have again the same problem:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
gov.noaa.pmel.tmap.ExceptionFilter.doFilter(ExceptionFilter.java:39)

I've tried what you suggested at http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/mail_archives/las_users/fu_2006/msg00062.html but it doesn't works.

I think that maybe there's a problem between java and tomcat versions. I used the last release for java, 1.5.0_07-b03, and the tomcat that comes with LAS 6.5.2.1 distribution. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Roger

--
Roger Olivella Pujol
Institute of Marine Sciences (CMIMA-CSIC)