[las_users] 1019 XML files

Hi,

Our data holdings have grown steadily and we now have over 1,000 XML files t
o generate our LAS menus.  At 1,019 or more XML files we get an error as fol
lows (1,018 or fewer work successfully):
DB host:
DB login name:
DB password:
Can't parse las.xml at ../xml/perl/genLas.pl line 289
make: *** [generate] Error 255

The ones that fail (i.e. 1,020 and above) work OK if they are substituted in
to the 1,018 that work successfully.

Has anyone been able to do a make with 1,020 or more XML files?

Any ideas on what would be causing this problem/limitation?

Thanks in advance,

Ben