Re: [las_users] Fw: [Problem] When the request lengh larger than 2083characters?

Hello,

cch wrote:
Dear all,
We have a trouble when the xml request larger than 2083 characters.
Because the max url length is 2083 characters in MS IE.

I know the UI server sends request twice in this version. (thanks for Roland's help)

Actually, I have following questions:

1.
If the output product is an image(gif or jpg), data server will return a html file.
The html file has the url of image product.
Is it right?\
Yes, that's right.  Currently the only way to change that is to either modify the product code or create a custom product.

2.
Buf if the outpput product isn't an image, what is the data server return?
Not sure what this question means.  But, I'll try to give an answer anyway.  The UI server makes a request of the Product Server.  When the data are returned from the product server to the UI server, it makes some decisions about what to do based on the MIME type of the data being returned.  The basics are: if it's HTML, it massages it a little bit so that it fits into the templates used by the UI and if it's some other MIME type (text file, netCDF) the UI redirects the browser to the product server URL and the UI does not touch the data being returned.
We discover the data server will return the xml request to ui server, then the ui server redirects the xml request to apache.
In the latest code, not every time.  Only for some MIME types.
And the apache sends the xml request to the data server again.
Is it right?
When you upgrade to the latest code (which will be released very soon now) this redirection will no longer happen for most cases.

3.
If the description in question 2 is right.
Basically, that's right, but it's a little more complicated based on the MIME type of the response.
The last question is, if the xml request sended from apache to data server is larger than 2083 characters.
MS IE will show me "the url isn't exist", but the Firefox doesn't has this problem.

I've never had a problem with a URL limit in MS IE.  As far as I know this limit applies only to IE 5.5 and older.
Does anyone can help me?
I need your suggestion. Thanks!!
--
cch