Re: [las_users] Customizing LAS to plot vectors overlaid on shadedcontours

Todd,

There are numerous places in the perl code where the number of variables is limited to two and detangling that code is a big job. Getting vectors on top of underlays has long been a goal but we don't envision adding this functionality to the perl based LAS product server. Instead, we are developing a brand new all-java product server and rewriting all of the LAS Ferret scripts. It is our hope that the first demonstration servers will be available next spring/summer. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until then to get vector overlays.

-- Jon

Todd Anderson wrote:

I'm trying to customize LAS to plot vectors overlaid on shaded contours.
The vector variable is from one dataset and the scalar variable is from
another dataset. So, I modified the user
interface in the "compare two mode" to allow selection of a scalar
variable and then wind vectors. I only get the scalar variable and the
first vector component passed to Ferret.pl. Where is the number of
variables being limited to two? I believe it's in the java code and
will require changes to the code in several places, but I can't seem to
find where this occurs.

Thanks!
Todd Anderson
Todd Anderson Consulting