[las_users] cache false

Hello Fellow LASers,

I want to turn off caching and its now working.  Can someone tell me what I'
m doing wrong?

I tried setting cache false in lax.xml as follows and it didn't work (after
changing las.xml I did a make and rebooted):

<lasdata>

  <las_categories>
  &InsituDatasets;
  </las_categories>

  <institution name="WGISS Test Facility - Coordinated Enhanced Observing Pe
riod (WTF-CEOP)"
   url="http://jaxa.ceos.org/wtf_ceop/"/>
 <!-- Define properties -->
  <properties>

   <!-- Disable caching, Ben, Nov. 14, 2005 -->
   <product_server>
     <use_cache>false</use_cache>
   </product_server>

   <ferret>
    <land_type>shade
    </land_type>
    <fill_type>shade
    </fill_type>
    <view_centered>no
    </view_centered>
    <fill_levels/>
    <format>netcdf
    </format>
   </ferret>
  </properties>

I want to be able to make this change at the highest possible level (i.e. la
s.xml) because I have over 200 separate xml files and I don't want to have t
o change the individual xml files.

I also tried changing a single xml file as follows, and this didn't work eit
her:

<datasets>
 <CEOP_SATELLITE_AMSRESOILM name="CEOP SATELLITE AMSRESOILM WPO"
                   url="AMSRE_2SOILM/784345"
                   doc="">
  <properties>

   <!-- Disable caching, Ben, Nov. 14, 2005 -->
   <product_server>
     <use_cache>false</use_cache>
   </product_server>

<land_type>fill
</land_type>

   <ui>
    <default>file:ui.xml#Satellite_Bands</default>
   </ui>

   <database_access name="Dapper">
    <db_type>Dapper</db_type>
    <db_name>cgi-bin/nph-dods/restec</db_name>
    <db_title>Dapper</db_title>
    <db_host>http://roppongi.tkl.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~restec</db_host>
    <db_login></db_login>
    <db_passwd></db_passwd>
    <db_table></db_table>
    <longitude>longitude</longitude>
    <lon_domain>0:360</lon_domain>
    <latitude>latitude</latitude>
    <depth></depth>
    <depth_units></depth_units>
    <time>time</time>
    <time_sample>2002-10-01</time_sample>
    <profID>SATELLITE</profID>
    <data_set>amsre</data_set>
    <metadata>x,y,t</metadata>
    <executable>/usr/bin/asciival</executable>
    <missing>-32767</missing>
    <missing1>-32768</missing1>
    <timeout>80</timeout>
    <sat_ref>net_2SOILM01.dat</sat_ref>
    <start_x>101.12</start_x>
    <start_y>13.22</start_y>
    <step>0.05</step>
    <size_x>50</size_x>
    <size_y>50</size_y>
    <size_z>1</size_z>
    <sname>temp</sname>
    <lname>Soil Moisture</lname>
    <dset_unit>%</dset_unit>
    <sfacter>10</sfacter>
   </database_access>
  </properties>
  <variables>
(etc. - cut)

I hope the problem is obvious for someone.

Thank you,

Ben