Re: [las_users] LAS Error of JGOFS customisation.

Namba Takaya wrote:

>Dear Cyndy
>
>I am so sorry to trouble you a lot by silly questions.
>
>Insitu data between LAS and JGOFS
>According to your suggestion, only "list" application is
>necessary to work for it. My understanding is
>TMAP::JGOFS::Dataset is not through SQL database but
>direct to JGOGS server?

My understanding as well. The list application is essentially the API
for the JGOFS DBMS.

You can run it from the command line as well:
from $LAS_root/server/bin
./list -n -c -f test

There is also a log file created in:
$LAS_root/server/log/JGOFS_request.txt

which shows the list command being executed by LAS in response to a user
query.

Here's an example of a list command from that log file from my server:
bin/list -z -m -f -n
'//usjgofs.whoi.edu/US_JGOFS/Arabian_Sea/bottle_arabian(TCO2,TOC_kg,TON,cast,date,depth,lat,lon,sta,lon>=54.0,lon<=71.0,lat>=8.0,lat<=26.0,depth>=0,depth<=4900,date>=19950101
00:00:00,date<=19951231 00:00:00)'

You can see that LAS issues a list command to retrieve data from a JGOFS
object. The 'single-quoted string' is a full JGOFS object specifier,
with projection (list of parameter names) and selection (data value
ranges) qualifiers, a comma-separated, parenthetical string) to subset
the data from the full object.

You can try that one too from the command line, but pipe it to less (the
-n option means non-stop listing)

>It means that
>if I put my data in JGOFS server, LAS can access  my data
>in JGOFS server directly? I am wrong?

Yes, that's my understanding.

>I wonder how it works with insitu data between LAS and
>JGOFS

The development of the LAS-JGOFS and support for in situ data happened
over several years, and is still being improved.

Does anyone (Jon ?) know if there was ever any documentation written to
explain the technical details of the LAS-JGOFS, in situ data interface?

Thanks, Cyndy

>Best Regards,
>
>Takaya Namba

>Know more about Breast Cancer
>http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/pinkribbon/

Cyndy Chandler		| voice: (508) 289-2765
MS #43, WHOI		| Office hrs: M-F ~ 9-4
Woods Hole, MA  02543	| FAX: (508) 457-2161
cchandler@whoi.edu | http://www.whoi.edu/people/cchandler
Ocean Carbon and Biogeochemistry Data Management Office
Department of Marine Chemistry and Geochemistry
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution