Re: [las_users] Request for Fortran Formatted output

Penny,

Is this server open to the public? If so what is the URL?

Meanwhile, I will try using this Ferret executable here and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Roland

Penny Oots wrote:

All,

We are testing an installation of LAS 6.5.1. We originally installed Ferret 5.81 but replaced it with ferret_v58bugfix2_with_translation provided by Kevin O'Brien which contains OPeNDAP libraries which can handle our HDF files. We are running Tomcat 5.5.9.

During testing, when Fortran formatted output is requested, the popup window displays a small box with a red x in it (broken link I assume). When I right click on this box and click properties, the url ends with .gif. When this url is put in the browse, the Fortran formatted output is displayed. Other formats (tab separated, comma separated, quick text inspection) work properly.

I have set Use_Cache for this dataset to false but have the same problem for all the datasets for which I tried to produce Fortran formatted output.

Testing this on our system that has LAS 6.4 and the ferret_v58bugfix2_with_translation, it appears that the same request generates an output file with an .asc extension.

Should the extension of the file produced be .asc or .gif for 6.5?

Any ideas how to fix this?

Penny Oots