From: Steve Hankin <steven.c.hankin@noaa.gov>
To: Jerome King <jejeking@hotmail.com>
CC: oar.pmel.las_users@noaa.gov
Subject: Re: [las_users] dependency between 2 constraints
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:05:38 -0700

Hi Jerome,

There are a number of LAS examples out there that create what we have called
"intermediate products". (Others can point you to the specific example URLs.)
We have used this approach for example as a mechanism to select individual
profiles or satellite passes when the space time constraints are just too blunt
an instrument for the job -- i.e. the user specifies an approximate region and
requests this intermediate product; the intermediate product presents a list or
clickable map showing all of the individual profiles or satellite passes in that
region; then the user is able to select individual obs. by clicking on the
intermediate product. The intermediate product actually sends a standard
request back to the LAS Product Server.

The same technique could be used on your problem. Create an "intermediate"
output product that shows all of the stations on a particular transect. The
user chooses from that list.

- steve

--

Steve Hankin, NOAA/PMEL -- Steven.C.Hankin@noaa.gov
7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-6349
ph. (206) 526-6080, FAX (206) 526-6744