[las_users] insitu driver issues

Hello LAS users.
I am utilizing insitu data which is not ocean-based. I have been unable to change the land display to an outline rather than filled continents. A Nov 04 message in the email list (http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/mail_archives/las_users/fu_2004/msg00253.html) stated that this process would be simplified in the next release. I'm running 6.4.2. Has this been solved in 6.5.1?

Also, the insitu driver prints the depth label as meters rather than using the <depth_units> property value from the dataset. Has this also been fixed, or do I need to figure out how to make this change in the driver?

I am also wondering if you are still recommending against table joins for institu data? (I've been searching the mail archives today: http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/mail_archives/las_users/fu_2004/msg00091.html) I have metadata in one table and the rest of the data resides in tables named by the month (eg 200507); my strategy was going to be to parse request dates to select tables. There is too much data to put it all in one table.

In beginning an attempt to write a driver for my station data, I've merely copied the methods which need to be overwritten from TMAPDBI.pm. In my initial attempts it won't connect with mysql, I think because when I change the <db_type> (which forces the new driver) it tries to run "igra ..." instead of "mysql ..." I see JGOFS and WODB are set up very differently. What is the best approach to this?

Lastly, in the working test the data plots fine when I select at least one full day (two data points) of data. But when I try to select a single date, I get an out of range error:
     **ERROR: illegal limits: TRANGE is not in the range L=2in the range : to :
          Axis extremes are L=1: and continue to :

Thanks!
Andrea
--
Andrea Fey