module versions / Re: [las_users] las install problem

> Facinating, I have these installed, but the configure script show them as
> not installed (Mandrake 10.1):
>
> The following Perl modules haven't been installed:
>         Bit::Vector
>         Date::Calc

Might want to consider indicating that they are installed but request a
better version?

> [cermak@ak las]$ locate Date::Calc
> /usr/share/man/man3/Date::Calc.3pm.bz2
> /usr/share/man/man3/Date::Calc::Object.3pm.bz2
> [cermak@ak las]$ rpm -qf /usr/share/man/man3/Date::Calc.3pm.bz2
> perl-Date-Calc-5.3-8mdk
>
> [cermak@ak las]$ locate Bit::Vector
> /usr/share/man/man3/Bit::Vector.3pm.bz2
> /usr/share/man/man3/Bit::Vector::Overload.3pm.bz2
> [cermak@ak las]$ rpm -qf /usr/share/man/man3/Bit::Vector.3pm.bz2
> perl-Bit-Vector-6.3-4mdk
>
> Will do some digging and see where things are not matching up.  Could be
> simple version mismatches.

The versions on Mandrake 10.1 are just under the radar.
  Date-Calc requires 5.4
  Bit-Vector requires 6.4

Both available in 10.2.   For 10.1, I rolled the versions back to 5.3 and
6.3 in configure.pl.  Less than optimal, but the configure script is now
happy.

Rob