Re: [las_users] Proxy error on NVODS

Todd,

The User Interface servlet was down when you tried to access the site which is why you received the "bad gateway" error message.

It looks like there is a bug in the cron job that checks the server and automatically restarts the servlet if it fails. I will look into the problem, meanwhile the NVODS server is back up and running and I will keep an eye on it until the automatic monitoring job is fixed.

Thanks for letting us know about the problem.

Roland

Todd Mitchell wrote:

Greetings, Tuesday 5 July 2005

I had 3 problems with the NVODS LAS :
I)

Datasets > by Dataset Name
Australian Bureau of Met. SST
Bad Gateway

Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at ferret.pmel.noaa.gov Port 80

II) Similarly with
COADS 1-degree Equatorial Enhanced
Bad Gateway

III)
Live Access to the National Virtual Ocean Data System (NVODS)

Datasets > by Dataset Name > CDC Derived NCEP Reanalysis Products
Surface F\
lux

Interannual Standard Deviation of Latent Heat Net Flux by Month

Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request GET
/NVODS/servlets/constrain.

Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at ferret.pmel.noaa.gov Port 80

Todd Mitchell

--
Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean (JISAO)
University of Washington, Box 354235, Seattle, WA 98195-4235 USA