Re: [las_users] Re: can we add "RE: LAS USERS:" to subject?

Hi Jonathan/all,

OK - it's a little more complicated than that: I use Thunderbird email at work and can filter with that, but often use a simple text-based email on my hand-held and would like to be able to "visually" filter by having a pre-set addition to the subject line from all LAS-USERS email. I also use the web-email when I travel...

Most of the email groups I subscribe to provide "prepended titling", and it helps when I scan the subject line of the over 25 emails I get each day. Prepending subjects is usually very easy to set up. VTK_Users does it, as does TeraGrid_News... I have to subscribe to about half a dozen users groups for my job!

Here's a scenario: if I get an email with a subject that just says: "Can't match target" from someone at MBARI whose name doesn't ring a bell, I have to _actually_open_the_email_ to figure out I'm not the sole recipient, and don't have Mac G4 LAS experience to help with this problem.

Prepended subjects are just a common curtesy that many users groups provide. It would probably take less time to configure the email program to provide this feature than it took to read this email!

Cheers, and keep up the good work :)

Chris

Christopher Moore email: Christopher.Moore@noaa.gov
Research Scientist, Oceanography tel: 206.526.6779
University of Washington/JISAO/NOAA-PMEL fax: 206.526.6744