Re: LAS time grid error

Andrea,

Seems to me that you need to keep investigating at the server end.  The error I discovered is independent of LAS, Ferret, or for that matter any other client trying to read that file.

I infer from some of the things you've said, that these are GRIB data and GDS is being used to serve them.  If that's the case, I understand that the axis is being generated automatically by GDS, but if all of the configuration information for GDS is correct, it seems to be pointing to a bug in GrADS or GDS.

Roland

Andrea Fey wrote:
Thanks for narrowing this down, Roland. Has anyone run into this before?  This has always been done automatically by gds/las (as it is done by the other 3 variables that work). Another programmer has checked the .ctl file and and recreated the gribmap, with no luck.

Andrea

Roland Schweitzer wrote:
Andrea,

The clue is in the NOTES that get issued by Ferret when it reads the file that fails.  The time axis is not monotonic.  At the third time step the time axis the values jumps down and then back up: 730765, 730765.25, 719169.5, 730765.75.  It looks like there was an error creating the file (or specifying the parameters on the axis being created by GDS from the Gribs or whatever is generating this axis).
--
Andrea Fey
NOMADS Project Intern